CSI has designed this policy to be consistent with the following principles:
- Privacy policies should be human readable and easy to find.
- Data collection, storage, and processing should be simplified as much as possible to enhance security, ensure consistency, and make the practices easy for users to understand.
- Data practices should meet the reasonable expectations of users.
Information We Collect
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us; when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device; and from third parties.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We will collect any information you provide to us. We may collect information from you in a variety of ways, such as when you contact us or provide feedback. This information may include but is not limited to your name, email address, and phone number.
Information that Is Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access the website. As described further below, we may collect and analyse (a) device information such as IP addresses, location information (by country and city), unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the website, such as referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the website, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the website, the frequency of your use of the website, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also collect data about your use of the website through the use of Internet server logs and online tracking technologies, like cookies and/or tracking pixels. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website, that enables us to: (a) recognise your computer; (b) store your preferences and settings; (c) understand the web pages of the website you have visited and the referral sites that have led you to our website; (d) enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your inferred interests; (e) perform searches and analytics; and (f) assist with security administrative functions. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the website and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. We may also use tracking technologies in our license buttons and/or icons that you can embed on other sites/services to track the website addresses where they are embedded, gauge user interaction with them, and determine the number of unique viewers of them. If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs, to capture data such as whether you open our message, click on any links or banners our email contains, or otherwise interact with what we send. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Information from Third Parties
We may also collect information about you or others through third parties. To the extent permitted by law, we may also collect information from third parties, including public sources, social media platforms, and marketing and market research firms. Depending on the source, this information collected from third parties could include name, contact information, demographic information, information about an individual’s employer, information to verify identity or trustworthiness, and information for other fraud or safety protection purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- Fulfill the purposes for which you provided it;
- Provide and improve the website, including to develop new features or services, take steps to secure the website, and for technical and customer support;
- Send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, account alerts, or other communications, such as newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- Process and respond to your enquiries or to request your feedback;
- Conduct analytics, research, and reporting, including to synthesise and derive insights from your use of our website;
- Comply with the law and protect the safety, rights, property, or security of CSI, the website, our users, and the general public; and
- Enforce our Terms of Service, including to investigate potential violations thereof.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the website. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes.
When We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose and/or share your information under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, marketing, customer support, data storage, data analysis and processing, and legal services.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may engage in certain business transactions, such as the transfer or sale of our assets. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions, e.g., due diligence) your information may be disclosed. If any of CSI’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
- Affiliated Companies. We may disclose your information with current or future affiliated companies.
- Consent. We may disclose your information to any third parties based on your consent to do so.
- Aggregate/De-identified Information. We may disclose de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose to third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and/or others.
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as Google Analytics) on our website to collect and analyse the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research, or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described in the “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section above will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the website, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive to our website, analysing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
Third-Party Links and Services